Wednesday, January 22, 2003

Yes. I am a slacker. Still, I do remember to sign my checks. This is more than I can say for my employers. I took my unsigned paycheck to the bank today fully expecting the teller to kindly point out the mistake and send me on my way. Instead, I left empty handed and wondering why they took the check. Did they not notice, do they not care? Will they notice later and deduct the amount from my account? Will I go to jail? Will I become the fourth member of the axis of evil?

I am once again up late and tired. My experiment tonight with NoDoz proved once again that caffeine does not make me more alert. It does make me jittery after a few hours if I continue to injest dosages well above those recommended on the box. Sadly, there is little other other effect.

Consider the two following statements: (a) the odds makers favor the Raiders by 4 points, (b) I don't care. Despite my traditional policy of not giving a damn I have followed Raiders news this week. It all started on Sunday when I visited my ex-boss while he watched the Raiders - Titans game. It's hard not to hope for a Raider victory when a man twice your size is pounding on furniture and yelling obscenities every time the Titans advance. Fortunately the Titans lost and the furniture was survived. And the presence of such forceful team loyalty infused in me a desire to watch the final battle. Along with any humorous advertisements which might accompany it. Don't get me wrong, I still don't care. You won't see me painted in black and silver, screaming advice at the TV. Perhaps a reserved clap at most. But, I maintain that my non-damn-giving policy has not been violated. I didn't inhale.

Tonight, Nate and I will host poker. If you live near Pasadena and would like to engage in a good game of holdem stop by. 8:30. I think it's even legal since the house doesn't profit from it.

Speaking of the law many of you know that I often seem to be a cop magnet. But, hey, at least I'm not this guy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home