Wednesday, February 12, 2003

Rain, rain, rain.

It rained all day yesterday and today. I really enjoy rain in LA, as long as I don't have to drive. It's refreshing, sort of a rare treat. But, I'm also glad that this is LA and soon it will be dry and clear again. I can't stand constant dreary weather, but rain here is a novelty every time. So, I donned my boots and jacket and went out splashing through puddles and wading through the streams at the edge of the road. I hope I never grow tired of puddle stomping.

The Oscar nominations came out yesterday. For the most part I thought that movies released in 2002 were a parade of crap. On the bright side this makes the Oscars much less painful for me. I don't have to watch in agony as a rare quality movie is passed up in favor of some Hollywood brown-noser. Surprisingly Spider-Man remained my favorite film throughout the year, despite the poorly written script. Ah, I miss the good old days, like last year, when qualtity movies were still made.

Last week Colin Powell released a report detailing the "evidence" which the US has against Iraq. In it he claims "Iraqis literally removed the crust of the earth in order to conceal chemical weapons evidence." This is impressive since the earth's crust is about 45km thick under Iraq. They must have an impressive bulldozer. Powell also ranted about a bio warfare program using tetanus, massive chemical labs on wheels, warheads hidden under palm trees and other fanciful creatures that only the Bush administration can see. Finally, today a panel of real experts announced the first confirmed violation of resulution 1441. One type of Iraqi missile can go about 30km further than the 150km allowed. That's enough justification for an invasion, don't you think? By the way, a congressional committee estimates that the war will cost $100 billion, which is enough to provide health care to every single uninsured child in the US for the next 5 years.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home