Thursday, April 15, 2004

the long awaited return

Or not. Now that I've slacked off for so long does anyone still check my blog regularly? I know that google doesn't. In fact, my blog has fallen off the first page and now ranks around 37th when searching for Ryan Cox. Even my tiny ugcs page, which was in first place back when google was beta, occasionally slips down the rankings. I noticed that Jenny Smith's blog is first in google when searching for Jenny Smith. Anyway, it's a particularly good time for me to take up writing again since Kat is off diving and Paris and Terrence both put an end to their blogs.

Far too much has happened over the past couple months to go into detail about. The cliff notes would read something like:
Dianna, Ryan's girlfriend, was in a car accident on the perilous 110 freeway. Various mishaps with AAA followed, and a trip to the emergency room. Ryan's life became increasingly busy. Krishna visited and helped Ryan work on a gas turbine engine. The dollar's value decreased. Ryan's mother visited. He began to question his place and direction in life. With much emotion and many tears he broke up with Dianna in order to take some time off and re-evaluate his life and the relationship. Ryan then fled to the desert to look for God but found only rednecks on dirt bikes. Shane played an important role. The theme of the story is that life isn't fair or easy.
I don't know if I did the right thing in pulling away from Dianna. Some days I regret it. Other days I'm glad for the space. I don't really know where this is going. And I don't really know how I will figure out the answers. Anyone have a magic eight ball?

Several events of the past few weeks merit discussion, but I don't really have the time or effort to do so. I may get around to one or two things. But, for now I'll leave you short meaningless tidbits from the past couple months:
  • I bought a new fan which advertised itself as having 3 speed settings. Apparently "off" is a speed.
  • My mom brought me a bag of extremely nice candies from Ohio but put them in her checked luggage. When I looked in the bag I found four empty wrappers on top. I guess a TSA worker somewhere has a sweet tooth.
  • I discovered that spending 45 minutes on the phone fighting with my insurance company over a measly $5 was worth it. Not for the $5, but for the moral victory, and for getting my way after a heated argument with some petty cubicle tyrant.
  • There has been so much cheese in my fridge the last couple weeks that I have eaten meals consisting of nothing but cheese.
  • What is one supposed to do when one glances out the side window and sees the landlord in a corner of the yard taking a piss? I was at a loss this morning.
Well, that's all for today. More later. Peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home