Thursday, April 22, 2004

united parcel suckage

I hate UPS. UPS is like that fly you can never swat, or that baby in the seat behind you who never shuts up. I'm convinced that UPS drivers are hired from people standing in line to pay traffic fines. They race through traffic, cutting off buses and trucks, intimidating any vehicle smaller than themselves. I see them run red lights and stop signs all the time. When I worked down on Wilshire (LA's busiest street-level traffic corridor) I would see them stop a lane of traffic in the middle of rush hour without even putting on their emergency lights and then saunter off leisurely. At least the Fedex and USPS folks pull out of traffic and signal first. I've been nearly hit by a UPS van countless times. UPS sucks. And they suck at delivering too. Several of the most recent shipments to us have been while both my roommate and I were around but neither of us hear knocking or doorbell. Most recently, after much searching, I found the package thrown haphazardly into the bushes in front of my house without any note or other indication left for me. And it's not as if the UPS guys who park out on our street all the time are constantly in a hurry since I seem them sitting in their vans drinking coffee for ages. Speaking of which, I took one of my trash cans outside the other day to wash it. I left it upside down on the steps to our front door to dry. But, as I came walking out the door a few minutes later I noticed that it was right-side up and someone had thrown away a mostly empty coffee cup into it. And of course I looked up to see a UPS driver making his getaway. How fucking rude is that? As I washed out the trash can a second time I considered calling the police to report tresspassing or something. But, what's the point? There are thousands of other asshat UPS drivers to take his place. Because UPS just sucks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home