Monday, October 18, 2004

poker, beer and blood


Saturday night was poker night. The regular people were notified but somehow over double the usual number of people showed up. It was our finest poker night ever. We eventually organized a 17 person tournament which didn't finish until after 3am. Alex and I were the final two players which aroused much suspicion. The total beverage count was 29 beers and the last third of our bottle of Thor's Hammer vodka. You should only drink Thor's Hammer if you do, in fact, want to get hammered. I think it accurately conveys the sensation of being punched in the stomach by a Nordic god's weapon.

During the tournament rain began to pummel the house and I remembered that my rabbits were outside. I brought their cages out of the rain and cleaned out the cages. When I was bringing Attila inside to dry him off I managed to get into a fight with an inanimate object and lose. A vicious iron bar got the jump on me. I simply wasn't fast enough to evade it's deadly strike. In my defence I was more worried about the bunny and used my own body to shield him from the inanimate rage. I have a nasty lump on my head to show for it.

8 Comments:

At 7:19 AM, October 19, 2004, Blogger Kat said...

ooh. ouch. then again, if you hadn't had the beer, it may have hurt worse.

 
At 9:12 AM, October 19, 2004, Blogger Jenn said...

Next time, you better let Attila do the fighting.

 
At 10:43 AM, October 19, 2004, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with Jenn...Atilla can take care of himself...I have scars on my hand to prove it!

 
At 11:14 AM, October 19, 2004, Blogger Ryan said...

Kat, the sad thing is, I hadn't drunk beer at that point.

 
At 2:51 PM, October 20, 2004, Blogger Kat said...

hahahaha glad to know someone out there is much like me.

 
At 5:19 PM, October 20, 2004, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done. That is with the images of the beer bottles.

John

 
At 12:53 AM, July 31, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

17 people, 29 beers, and some vodka, im in hs and i drink more than you guys... we do it up right, 90+ beers and a bottle of smirnoff vodka, or crown royal, or some old fashioned jackie D

keep in mind this is usually split between roughly 5-7 people.

 
At 9:17 AM, May 17, 2013, Blogger Unknown said...

Very good post! Thanks a lot. blackjackonlines

 

Post a Comment

<< Home