Saturday, February 22, 2003

Vegas, baby, Vegas!

Nate and I spent last weekend in Vegas. The new stretch of the 210 is a godsend. We visited Kat and Brittan. No wild stories to tell. I didn't even play poker. I learned cribbage. We did have a good hike in Red Rock canyon. Climbed up a huge rock ridge that overlooked the loop. Found a geocache by Skull Rock. I bought black M&Ms. Where else can you buy black M&Ms?

Remember when it rained last week? On one of the rainy days I was walking west down Colorado in my boots and jacket and a guy with no shirt on was running the opposite direction. Actually, he did have a shirt, but he was holding it not wearing it. When he got to me he stopped and asked me (in between gasping breaths) how much further till Fair Oaks? Now, I was near Lake and Colorado, which is about a mile east of Fair Oaks, so I informed him that Fair Oaks was in the other direction. He didn't look surprised, but merely thanked me and continued to run east. I almost followed him merely for the novelty of chasing a strange shirtless guy in the rain.

My brother Alex is playing Orsino in his school's production of Twelfth Night. If you happen to be in Ohio next weekend you could go and see him. Or perhaps you'll be in New Orleans next weekend. I plan on being in San Luis Obispo to check out the Mardi Gras celebration there.

Tomorrow The Randies are playing at the Bigfoot. All who want to see them should show up at 10:00pm. It was at the Bigfoot that we first met Megan and Laura so it will be interesting to see them play there. Bigfoot Lodge, 10pm, $3.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home