Tuesday, October 19, 2004

propaganda request

Ok, if any of my friends who read this have artistic abilities I have a request. I would be willing to pay for paper/paint (as long as it's reasonable) if someone will create a yard sign like the Bush-Cheney or Kerry-Edwards ones. I want the regular features: blue background, white lettering, red and white wavy lines, etc. The sign should read "Vote Quimby". I've also thought about getting a megaphone. Then I would need someone to drive me around while I repeatedly say, "Vote Quimby". On the slightly more serious side, I see that Dave Barry is running again this year. Sadly, I think he'd do a better job than either of the real candidates.

2 Comments:

At 6:45 AM, October 20, 2004, Blogger Jenny said...

My goal is to go on the Krishna excursion this weekend. I'll let you know if anything significant happens.

 
At 10:47 AM, October 21, 2004, Blogger Jenn said...

The first sentence of your blog sounds like a Quimby speech in my head. It made me laugh. Just thought you'd be interested to know.

I can't help but imagine you would include me amongst your "creative friends" and I feel obligated to reply. I like your idea and find it amusing. I think you could probably do it yourself, though, in Photoshop. It would be far easier than painting, and look more official. You would, of course, have to take the file someplace like Kinko's, but the printing cost would probably be comprable to purchasing the paints, I'd guess.

You're creative, Ryan. Have faith in your own powers of satire. (But if you're really stuck, we can talk. It would not take long at all to put that together using some of Adobe's fine software suite.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home