Friday, April 11, 2003

This morning I had to drive to my boss's house in Pacific Palisades. It's a very nice area, a very expensive area. It's also teeming with cops, surely in response to the high rate of crime/terrorism in the area. I, being the cop magnet that I am, was pulled over. But for once it didn't bother me. For the first time ever, I knew exactly why I was being pulled over and I had an excuse. My tags are expired, but the DMV hasn't mailed them too me yet. When I do receive the tags I'll have to drive back down to West LA and demonstrate that I have indeed placed them on my car. This seems like a pointless annoyance to me, couldn't they just look up the DMV records to see that I've paid my registration? But, at least I'll sleep easier knowing that no terrorists will get away with driving around Pacific Palisades in unregistered vehicles.

We were late for The Randies show tonight. Only caught three songs. But, they are always fun to see. Tonight they had matching outfits, which was kind of weird. Their next show is Saturday 19th in North Hollywood.

I'm not normally consistent enough at blogging to make room for the Friday Five. But, today I will:

1. What was the first band you saw in concert?
 Unless you count church bands or orchestras the first band I concert I ever saw was Rammstein at the Hollywood Paladium. They opened for KMFDM and Lords of Acid, both of whom sucked. But, I will never forget watching Rammstein that evening.

2. Who is your favorite artist/band now?
 A few of my perennial favorites are Wumpscut, Slayer, In Flames, and Funker Vogt.

3. What's your favorite song?
 I don't consistantly like any one song, or set of songs, more than all others. Lately I've been playing Infected by Bad Religion a lot. Maybe, Blood by Numb or Only For The Week by In Flames. And sometimes the Goo Goo Dolls' song Naked.

4. If you could play any instrument, what would it be?
 Base guitar would be awesome, but I'd definately rather play the drums than anything else.

5. If you could meet any musical icon (past or present), who would it be and why?
 Tom Araya, Rudy Ratzinger, Tchaikovsky, or the guys in System of a Down. I think Ozzy would be amusing to meet though for different reasons.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home