Wednesday, October 22, 2003

music you can feel

On Jenny's suggestion I sat down with a movie while cutting up the flyers that were printed Monday night. I think City of Lost Children was a bad choice because I did more watching than cutting. If any of you have not seen this excellent movie I invite you to come over any time and I'll watch it with you.

Last night Nate and I went out to The Garage to see The Randies and invite them to the halloween party. The garage is a great little punk bar in Silverlake. It typifies what I like about the LA music scene. In this big crowded city are a myriad of small bands trying to make it. Even small venues are able to present fresh, talented bands who haven't hit it big yet. At The Garage we were able to see five decent bands for $2. The atmophere was lively, the crowd was fun, and the MC went around with giving people "shots" with a tequila filled squirt gun. He even had a smaller gun filled with lemon juice for a chaser. I thoroughly enjoyed it, but next time I'm bringing ear plugs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home