Saturday, June 07, 2003

friday five on saturday

1. How many times have you truly been in love?
Of the many passions and crushes in my life all but one fall short of being "truely in love". I've experienced feelings, desires, and attractions of varying intensities, but only once were they born out by time and hindsight. That was during highschool. In recent years I have rarely found myself under love's spell, but I do hope it finds me again someday.

2. What was/is so great about the person you love(d) the most?
To simply describe her good qualities would make her sound like anyone else's favorite girl. Sure, she was intelligent, beautiful, fun, and so on. But, I have met other intelligent or beautiful girls I didn't love as much. She was "so great" because I loved her. I can't fully say why. Something about her energy caused the cords of my heart to resonate in response.

3. What qualities should a significant other have?
Above all other qualities, I value intelligence, honesty and beauty. Spontaneity, a penchant for philosophy, a need for adventure, a love of poetry and a tendency to wear combat boots would also be nice.

4. Have you ever broken someone's heart?
Not intenionally, and not severely.

5. If there was one thing you could teach people about love, what would it be?
Who am I to teach lessons about love? Ask Solomon, Shakespeare or Donne, not Ryan. But, if I must dispense advice I would suggest that people should take more risks while young and take more time getting into long term relationships. I would remind guys that lack of clue is no excuse, and would caution girls that what is charming at first is often slimy in retrospect.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home